Sunday, April 13, 2014

My first Picture Polish

I found Picture Polish Frosting on a nail polish sales group on Facebook and picked it up. I has really been wanting to try out their polishes for a long time and I LOVED Frosting.

I got the polish in and the first thing I noticed was that there were heart glitters that I hadn't noticed in the swatches I'd seen online. I don't know how I missed them, but I did.

*Note: These polishes are not the normal 15ML bottles. They are 11ML. That doesn't seem like much of a difference but they really are quite a bit smaller. I didn't know that when I bought.







This really is a very pretty polish but OMG. It was a HUGE pain in the butt to apply. I fought with this polish for ever before I finally decided to go ahead and try some polish thinner to see if that helped.

There are SO many heart glitters in this polish that it makes it hard to apply and when I started my polish was also very thick and gloopy. Most indie polishes have a few of the largest glitters. Enough that if you look for them you can have one on each nail and that's fine. This polish had so many that you couldn't not get them. I have several nails that are just big piles of hearts because I could not get away form them and they all just dropped and piled up and I couldn't get them to spread.

After I added the thinner it got a little better but I still had a lot of the hearts coming out and that still made it difficult to apply. I'll end up trying this polish again soon and see if it works better next time but this go round, I was not overly happy with it. It's still pretty but it's just a huge fight to put on.

I think this may be the first time ever I have complained about too much glitter in a polish. Normally, I love it. I think if the hearts had been 1/2 the amount or even 1/4 it would have been much prefect. I really hope that some of the other polishes are not the same way because I'd really like to try a few others from this brand.



This is the 3rd polish that I am testing for my OPI Glitter Off base Coat so you will be seeing this one again and I should have that review up by Friday. (probably sooner)


No comments:

Post a Comment