Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sea Goddess

I picked up the entire China Glaze Sea Goddess collection about 2 weeks ago. I was so excited for this set to come out. As soon as I started seeing swatches for these polishes, I knew I wanted all of them. I was not disappointed. I'm not sure how but I did save $1 off each bottle. I bought them at Sally's with my Sally's card so I'm not sure if that's why I saved or if there was a sale that I missed. Either way I'm not complaining. I ended up getting the whole set for less than $35.

These are TEXTURED polishes which means that they will dry bumpy. They have sand in them to give them this texture and it's totally normal. I was told by the girl at Sally's that they dried funny and I would need a really good top coat. SO obviously not everyone knows that they are supposed to be a bit different than a normal polish.







The first one I tried out is Sand Dolla Make You Holla which is a white base with multicolored glitters. I love this polish. So pretty and kind of makes me think of sand. I live in Florida so our beaches are super white with little specks in it; normally black but this looks about the same just with colorful specks instead of black ones. Also, sorry about the ring finger nail. I broke it and tried fixing it and didn't notice that it popped back out until later. : /


There are two pinks in the collection and this is the darker of the two, Shell We Dance?  Shell We Dance? is a darker pink with very sparkly pink glitter and it's a very pretty color.



This is Tail Me Something. This purple is VERY sparkly. I swear this one had like, quadruple the glitter of the rest of them. So glittery. 


Teal The Tide Turns is a light/medium blue with darker blue glitters. I really liked this color. It's quite a bit different from the other colored polishes from this collection because the glitters stand out  a bit more. All the rest (other than Sand Dolla Make You Holla) have glitters that are much closer to the same color as the base.







Wish on a Starfish is a lighter pink with a peachy shimmer. This is one of my favorites. The shimmer makes this color so pretty.





The last polish is Seahorsin' Around. This polish is my favorite form this collection. Sadly, I could not get a good picture of this. I'm not sure why but my camera just could not capture it. The color is a blue but has a green shift to it. This color would seriously be the perfect color for the base on mermaid nail art. It just looks perfect for fish scale type stuff. So, so, so pretty.

I'm still pretty new to textures but I'm really loving them. When they first came out I really thought I would hate them. But When I saw the first swatches for Snowbody Like You from the Christmas collection I knew I had to try it, especially when I started reading the bad reviews on it. lol I'm not sure why but that made me want to try it even more. I loved that polish. Textures can be a bit difficult to work with but you get used to it pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment